Thursday, February 23, 2017

Rough Storyboards With Ideas and Things

After agonizing for the past month over what to make this thesis be about, I finally decided birds are cool. So it's about birds, and they all live in an aviary. And all of them have keys around their necks that open different doors in this house. Our main character needs one of these keys to get through a specific door, and she goes about trying to find the right bird. And then she finds a key-shaped bird? Anyway, here's some super rough story boarding as I try to make ideas make sense.


I've also been looking at lots of style reference. So far I'm leaning towards making this thing very early 20th century fairy tale looking- intricate backgrounds and lots of geometric patters. Some favorites as of now are Errol Le Cain and Kay Nielsen. I've also got a whole collection of Italian architecture photos sitting on my computer, so I may as well use those too.
Errol Le Cain


Kay Nielsen

Medici villa

No comments:

Post a Comment