Sunday, April 30, 2017

Many story revisions later...

I'm keeping the bird theme, and now the premise for this film is that a bird, girl, and a wizard get mixed up in the reality warping properties of a stair-filled building. While I work on coming up with a clearer log line and revising my animatic, I thought I'd update this blog with the most recent designs.

These are the first takes I've got on characters. The wizard guy still retains design aspects from an earlier iteration of my film, so he is definitely going to undergo some revisions in the next couple days. I'm also planning on making the bird's structure easier to figure out and animate. Those two character turnarounds are in progress.
Here's the girl turnaround. I'm actually kind of happy with this one.


And a sort-of style frame... though it's more of a style exploration. I played around in photoshop to try to emulate the texture of illustrations from the early 1900's, though the actual composition evokes more of a German expressionism and Tim Burton style, which I'm not sure I want to go for. I also decided on creating 3D backgrounds, so the 2D stairs and columns here are stand-ins for 3D models for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment